Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Explosion at Moonshine Distillery in Marshall County
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Thu August 9, 2012
Mexico to Maine: The David Wax Museum's sound collected in travel
The band David Wax Museum formed in Boston in 2007. They've since become hits at the Newport Folk Festival, won Song of the Year with “Born with a Broken Heart” and “Americana Artist of the Year” for the 2010 Boston Music Awards, and have starred in a mini documentary about their trip to China.
The band calls their style "Mexo-Americana" and incorporates Mexican instruments like the jarana jarocha and the quijada into their sets along with more typical northern folk instruments.
Rose Krzton-Presson spoke with bandmembers David Wax and Suz Slezak at Mercy Lounge in Nashville on July 30th before their performance opening for Josh Ritter and the Royal City Band.
David Wax Museum's upcoming album Knock Knock Get Up will be released this fall. Listen to their new song "Vivian" above; and see the music videos for "Will You Be Sleeping" below.