Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri February 20, 2009
In a Metropolitan Mood
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – Through Rural Business Enterprise Grants and funds appropriated by the Kentucky General Assembly, Paducah's Uppertown Heritage Foundation has restored a Jackson Street landmark. Renowned African American musicians stayed there during the era of segregation, and their music is celebrated in Saturday's Carson Center concert of the Paducah Symphony Pops Orchestra. Kate Lochte has more.
Saturday night's Paducah Symphony Pops program, In A Metropolitan Mood, features music by Cab Calloway, Ray Charles, Ella Fitzgerald and Duke Ellington. The music starts at 7:30 p.m. at the Carson Center with a presentation at 7. You can reserve tickets at 800.738.3727 or 444-0065. Mention the Metropolitan Hotel when you call, and a portion of the proceeds will go towards its restoration.