Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue March 23, 2010
Metropolis Renews Refuse Contract
By Chris Taylor
Metropolis, IL – Metropolis City Council members have renewed a five-year contract with residential solid waste collector Bulldog Systems. The renewed contract comes with rate increases that officials see as unavoidable. Beginning in June, residents will see rates jump up by 2 dollars a month for the first year, with the rate going up in increments each year after that to an expected $12.85 in 2014. Metropolis City Attorney Rick Abell tells the Paducah Sun the rate increases are not out of line with cost increases for Bulldog, saying the prices are actually better than what other small communities are paying.