Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue June 30, 2009
Metropolis Offers Loans with State Help
By Casey Northcutt
Metropolis, IL – A sizable amount of state stimulus money will allow Metropolis to offer loans to small businesses. Mayor Billy McDaniel says he learned Monday that the Illinois government accepted the city's application for 750 thousand-dollars in Intermediary Relending Program funds. The money comes from the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Office of Rural Development and will be loaned to businesses at lower interest rates than conventional lenders. Applicants must still qualify for the program and eventually repay the government.