Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon October 12, 2009
Metropolis Eyes Saving Film House
By Chris Taylor
Metropolis, IL – The City of Metropolis, Illinois may put money into a feasibility study to restore the Massac Theater. The derelict, 1930's-style film house could be renovated to serve as an auditorium for school productions, or even house the Chamber of Commerce and Tourism office. A group with aims to restore the theater met recently with city aldermen asking for financial help with funding a study. City aldermen were seemingly warm to the idea, provided the study would give the city demolition clearance if its findings were against restoration. The Paducah Sun reports Metropolis would have to pay for such a study if it were to tear down the building.