Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon October 12, 2009
Metropolis Eyes Saving Film House
By Chris Taylor
Metropolis, IL – The City of Metropolis, Illinois may put money into a feasibility study to restore the Massac Theater. The derelict, 1930's-style film house could be renovated to serve as an auditorium for school productions, or even house the Chamber of Commerce and Tourism office. A group with aims to restore the theater met recently with city aldermen asking for financial help with funding a study. City aldermen were seemingly warm to the idea, provided the study would give the city demolition clearance if its findings were against restoration. The Paducah Sun reports Metropolis would have to pay for such a study if it were to tear down the building.