Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon February 8, 2010
Metropolis Development Progress
By Chris Taylor
Metropolis, IL – The city of Metropolis and development firm G Squared, LLC have entered into a deal, where they hope to build several multi-million dollar facilities along the Ohio riverfront. Metropolis is to not entertain any other developers, while G Squared works on a comprehensive plan that would build a 220-room hotel, a 55,000-square-foot convention center, and a 500-space parking garage. Mayor Billy McDaniel tells the Paducah Sun that despite the economy, he feels the plan is finally progressing again.