Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon February 8, 2010
Metropolis Development Progress
By Chris Taylor
Metropolis, IL – The city of Metropolis and development firm G Squared, LLC have entered into a deal, where they hope to build several multi-million dollar facilities along the Ohio riverfront. Metropolis is to not entertain any other developers, while G Squared works on a comprehensive plan that would build a 220-room hotel, a 55,000-square-foot convention center, and a 500-space parking garage. Mayor Billy McDaniel tells the Paducah Sun that despite the economy, he feels the plan is finally progressing again.