Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue June 9, 2009
Meth Lab Arrests Increase
By Caleb Campbell
Murray, KY – Methamphetamine lab arrests are on the rise again in western Kentucky. In 2008, meth lab related arrests increased by 34 percent. McCracken County Sherriff John Hayden says the increase is largely due to manufacturers getting around a law passed in 2005. The law restricts access to the drug pseudoephedrine. Hayden says the manufacturers are simply contracting many people to purchase the drug used in meth production. In 2008 alone, there were 405 meth-related arrests statewide.