Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Thu August 2, 2012
Merger Proponents Launch Website
Paducah and McCracken County merger proponents hope a new pro-merger website will boost support for the issue. The long discussed issue is on the November ballot. Paducah McCracken United members say the site allows citizens to access fiscal information regarding the proposed merger.
PMU President Tom Garrett said the change would open doors.
"Paducah right now is the 15th largest city in Kentucky. Post-merger we would all of a sudden become the third largest city in Kentucky," said Garrett. "I think it would give us more visibility, it would brand us as an aggressive and progressive community."
Garrett adds the website will help to dispel some of the myths about the proposed merger like increased tax rates on county residents.
Residents vote on the city/county merger on Nov. 6th.