Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed May 15, 2013
Memorial For Battle of Hamburger Hill Set
A memorial ceremony is being held at Fort Campbell to mark the 44th anniversary of the Battle of Hamburger Hill, one of the bloodiest battles of the Vietnam War. Members of the 101st Airborne Division's 3rd Brigade and other units fought for 12 days against North Vietnamese forces before U.S. and South Vietnamese forces captured the mountain that the Americans referred to as "Hamburger Hill." The ceremony today is being hosted by soldiers and veterans from the 3rd Brigade.