Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri August 7, 2009
Megasite Could Get Money
By Angela Hatton
Hopkinsville, KY – A bill advancing through the US Senate could provide funding for work at an industrial megasite near Hopkinsville. The Kentucky New Era reports three million dollars of the 2010 Transportation Appropriations Bill could pay for a natural gas line to the site. The Tennessee Valley Authority created the megasite and seven other several years ago to promote economic development. The Hopkinsville location is the largest site still available.