Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30th
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
Wed November 20, 2013
Meet NPR's Arun Rath, Anchor of Weekend All Things Considered
NPR's new "ish" host of Weekend All Things Considered, Arun Rath, was on a team that won a Peabody Award for the program On the Media. As an anchor of the first major NPR show produced on the west coast, Rath's own roving journalistic interests are well suited for the show's exploratory direction. On a day of talking with NPR station personnel, Rath's schedule included a few minutes for Kate Lochte.
Weekend All Things Considered host Arun Rath got his start in journalism with NPR, initially as an intern with Talk of the Nation when he was a graduate student in Washington DC. He never got that Masters in English literature, but the radio side worked out. He has reported for PBS Frontline and the PRI/BBC show The World; he's been doing radio since the mid 90s and mixing in TV since around 2003. He's also a correspondent for a world music show on PBS, Sound Tracks.
Follow Rath and send him comments through Twitter @ArunRath.