Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Wed June 27, 2012
Medical Professionals Anticipate Supreme Court Decision
Ahead of tomorrow's Supreme Court Ruling on the Affordable Care Act medical professionals across the Commonwealth are waiting to see if components of the law will be upheld and or struck down by the High Court.
Amidst the punditry and speculation, Murray-Calloway County Hospital Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Robert Tucker says regardless of the Supreme Court’s decision, medical professionals acknowledge that a change is needed…
"I don’t believe and I don’t think most physicians in most hospitals believe that its close to perfect but it was a starting point and I think that’s the way most of us in medicine viewed the A.C.A."
Tucker goes on to compare the A.C.A. to the first iteration of social security which has changed considerably over the years. The Supreme Court will rule on the A.C.A tomorrow.
Click above for the interview with Dr. Tucker