Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Mon June 24, 2013
Medi-Share Resumes Operations
Kentucky residents can take part in a Christian-only medical risk sharing plan starting tomorrow thanks to new state legislation.
Medi-Share, a Florida-based self-titled cost sharing ministry, will be allowed to operate in the Commonwealth after being banned following a judge’s ruling. Legislation passed in March of this year allows the company to resume operations. In order to take part in the Medi-Share program, churchgoers must sign a pledge refusing to drink, smoke, use drugs or engage in sexual activities outside of marriage.