Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Mon June 24, 2013
Medi-Share Resumes Operations
Kentucky residents can take part in a Christian-only medical risk sharing plan starting tomorrow thanks to new state legislation.
Medi-Share, a Florida-based self-titled cost sharing ministry, will be allowed to operate in the Commonwealth after being banned following a judge’s ruling. Legislation passed in March of this year allows the company to resume operations. In order to take part in the Medi-Share program, churchgoers must sign a pledge refusing to drink, smoke, use drugs or engage in sexual activities outside of marriage.