Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Mon June 24, 2013
Medi-Share Resumes Operations
Kentucky residents can take part in a Christian-only medical risk sharing plan starting tomorrow thanks to new state legislation.
Medi-Share, a Florida-based self-titled cost sharing ministry, will be allowed to operate in the Commonwealth after being banned following a judge’s ruling. Legislation passed in March of this year allows the company to resume operations. In order to take part in the Medi-Share program, churchgoers must sign a pledge refusing to drink, smoke, use drugs or engage in sexual activities outside of marriage.