Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed April 22, 2009
Measure Seeks to Cut Planned Parenthood
By Angela Hatton
Nashville, TN – Tennessee State Senate Speaker Ron Ramsey and several other Republican lawmakers are once again proposing legislation to cut off funding to Planned Parenthood. The proposed measure would require the state Health Department to try to award contracts to public health clinics before seeking out private entities such as Planned Parenthood, which supports abortion.