Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri December 21, 2007
The Meaning of Kwanzaa
By Brian Clardy & Debbie Owens
Murray, KY – Since its creation in 1966, African Americans have celebrated their cultural heritage with the celebration of Kwanzaa, which derives from a Swahili phrase meaning First Fruits. Dr. Brian Clardy and Dr. Debbie Owens explain the origins of the week long celebration and the seven associated principles.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear their commentary.
Read the text for this commentary here.