Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Fri December 21, 2007
The Meaning of Kwanzaa
By Brian Clardy & Debbie Owens
Murray, KY – Since its creation in 1966, African Americans have celebrated their cultural heritage with the celebration of Kwanzaa, which derives from a Swahili phrase meaning First Fruits. Dr. Brian Clardy and Dr. Debbie Owens explain the origins of the week long celebration and the seven associated principles.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear their commentary.
Read the text for this commentary here.