Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu March 29, 2012
MCTA Action Plan to Reorganize System
The Murray-Calloway County Transit Authority approved an action plan to reorganize the public transit system. The MCTA saw a spike in ridership and income during February, but overall the company has a net income of negative $13,815. Director Bjarne Hansen says the board is working to put together more committees to focus on specific topics to reduce costs like fuel consumption, land sale, and vehicle size. Hansen also says MCTA is reorganizing their staff, which includes an outsourcing of payroll to an independent company called Martin, Colson, Hale, and Henderson.