Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Thu March 29, 2012
MCTA Action Plan to Reorganize System
The Murray-Calloway County Transit Authority approved an action plan to reorganize the public transit system. The MCTA saw a spike in ridership and income during February, but overall the company has a net income of negative $13,815. Director Bjarne Hansen says the board is working to put together more committees to focus on specific topics to reduce costs like fuel consumption, land sale, and vehicle size. Hansen also says MCTA is reorganizing their staff, which includes an outsourcing of payroll to an independent company called Martin, Colson, Hale, and Henderson.