Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu March 29, 2012
MCTA Action Plan to Reorganize System
The Murray-Calloway County Transit Authority approved an action plan to reorganize the public transit system. The MCTA saw a spike in ridership and income during February, but overall the company has a net income of negative $13,815. Director Bjarne Hansen says the board is working to put together more committees to focus on specific topics to reduce costs like fuel consumption, land sale, and vehicle size. Hansen also says MCTA is reorganizing their staff, which includes an outsourcing of payroll to an independent company called Martin, Colson, Hale, and Henderson.