Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue July 14, 2009
McNutt Files 2 Lawsuits
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – Former Henry County Elections Administrator Glenda McNutt is suing members of the county Election Commission over her recent dismissal from the post. The lawsuit alleges three Republican commissioners deliberated in private, secretly deciding to terminate McNutt's employment and replace her with a Republican appointee. The Paris Post Intelligencer reports the Commissioners named in the suit are Stephen Goggans, Tess Robbins and Joyce Weiher. McNutt is also a plaintiff in a federal lawsuit filed in Nashville last Wednesday along with seven others. The plaintiffs are all Tennessee election administrators who have either recently been fired, forced to resign, or were told their termination was imminent.