Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue July 14, 2009
McNutt Files 2 Lawsuits
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – Former Henry County Elections Administrator Glenda McNutt is suing members of the county Election Commission over her recent dismissal from the post. The lawsuit alleges three Republican commissioners deliberated in private, secretly deciding to terminate McNutt's employment and replace her with a Republican appointee. The Paris Post Intelligencer reports the Commissioners named in the suit are Stephen Goggans, Tess Robbins and Joyce Weiher. McNutt is also a plaintiff in a federal lawsuit filed in Nashville last Wednesday along with seven others. The plaintiffs are all Tennessee election administrators who have either recently been fired, forced to resign, or were told their termination was imminent.