Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed November 3, 2010
McMillan wins Clarksville mayor's seat
By Jacque Day
Clarksville, Tenn. – Kim McMillan will be the next mayor of Clarksville. She won the seat by more than 48 percent of the vote. A total of eight candidates vied for the seat after current mayor John E. Piper announced he wouldn't seek re-election. Jeff Burkhart ran a close second with nearly 38 percent of the vote.