Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Wed June 26, 2013
McLean County Woman Drowns In Lake Barkley
Search and rescue crews found the body of a missing Sacramento, Kentucky woman in Lake Barkley last night after an extensive search. The woman was reported missing at 3:30 pm to the Lyon County Dispatch.
Lyon County Coroner Ronnie Patton identified the body this morning as that of 53-year-old Tonya Sheffer.
Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources' Garry Clark said Sheffer was last seen swimming in the lake near Kuttawa clinging to a boat cushion as a floatation device. Clark said Sheffer’s boyfriend was nearby on the bank when he saw the cushion slip out of her reach. Before he could reach her, Sheffer went under and did not resurface.