Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed June 26, 2013
McLean County Woman Drowns In Lake Barkley
Search and rescue crews found the body of a missing Sacramento, Kentucky woman in Lake Barkley last night after an extensive search. The woman was reported missing at 3:30 pm to the Lyon County Dispatch.
Lyon County Coroner Ronnie Patton identified the body this morning as that of 53-year-old Tonya Sheffer.
Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources' Garry Clark said Sheffer was last seen swimming in the lake near Kuttawa clinging to a boat cushion as a floatation device. Clark said Sheffer’s boyfriend was nearby on the bank when he saw the cushion slip out of her reach. Before he could reach her, Sheffer went under and did not resurface.