Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Wed June 26, 2013
McLean County Woman Drowns In Lake Barkley
Search and rescue crews found the body of a missing Sacramento, Kentucky woman in Lake Barkley last night after an extensive search. The woman was reported missing at 3:30 pm to the Lyon County Dispatch.
Lyon County Coroner Ronnie Patton identified the body this morning as that of 53-year-old Tonya Sheffer.
Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources' Garry Clark said Sheffer was last seen swimming in the lake near Kuttawa clinging to a boat cushion as a floatation device. Clark said Sheffer’s boyfriend was nearby on the bank when he saw the cushion slip out of her reach. Before he could reach her, Sheffer went under and did not resurface.