Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri October 17, 2008
McCracken School Location
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – McCracken County school officials favor a location on US Highway 60 across from the Paducah regional Sports Plex for a consolidated county high school. The Paducah Sun reports the site and four other possibilities have been approved by the Kentucky Department of Education. State Transportation officials have also reviewed the 140 acre area and found no problems with access to four major state highways. School Board Chairman Neil Archer says no final decision has been made on the new school's location. Archer says the board would prefer a site closer to the county's population base in Lone Oak, but officials found none that matched the minimum requirements, at least 100-acres and access to major roadways.