Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri October 17, 2008
McCracken School Location
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – McCracken County school officials favor a location on US Highway 60 across from the Paducah regional Sports Plex for a consolidated county high school. The Paducah Sun reports the site and four other possibilities have been approved by the Kentucky Department of Education. State Transportation officials have also reviewed the 140 acre area and found no problems with access to four major state highways. School Board Chairman Neil Archer says no final decision has been made on the new school's location. Archer says the board would prefer a site closer to the county's population base in Lone Oak, but officials found none that matched the minimum requirements, at least 100-acres and access to major roadways.