Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri January 27, 2012
McCracken Merger Meeting
By Seth Helton
Murray, KY – Approximately 80 residents attended a public meeting Thursday night at Paducah Tilghman High School to discuss a possible merger of Paducah City and McCracken County governments. The Charter County Government Merger Committee presented an outline of the proposed consolidation and answered resident's questions. Officials have yet to decide whether the measure will appear on ballots this November. Similar meetings are scheduled for February 2nd at Heath High School and February 6th at Lone Oak High School. You can hear more about the proposal and the public response tonight at 6:30 on Front Page P.M. from WKMS News.