Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri September 4, 2009
McCracken May Buy Electric Buses
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – McCracken County may purchase six new electric buses this year. McCracken transportation coordinator Larry Hopper is talking to manufacturers today, discussing the potential purchase of the hybrid buses rather than the standard diesel or gasoline models. The school system could be eligible for assistance from federal stimulus funding. Kentucky recently received almost $13 million from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act to buy about 200 hybrid electric buses. The new buses save on fuel costs, create less pollution, and last 4 to 6 years longer.