Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Tue April 29, 2014
McCracken HS Band to Play at Kentucky Derby Festival's Pegasus Parade
McCracken County High School’s marching band is gearing up to play at the Kentucky Derby Festival’s annual Pegasus Parade Thursday.
In a press release, MCHS Band Director Steven Page said the event is a unique opportunity for the students.
"This is the first time for them to be in front of a huge crowd. Seeing a packed street with thousands of spectators will be a whole new thing for them,” Page said.
100 MCHS students will perform an arrangement of the sixties rock hit “Born to Be Wild”. The two-mile downtown Louisville parade garners an average of over 200,000 onlookers.