Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
McCracken County Fiscal Court
Tue March 13, 2012
McCracken Fiscal Court Discusses Resolution Supporting PGDP Workers
The McCracken County Fiscal Court continued discussions last night about a resolution supporting nuclear power plant workers uncompensated for work-related health problems. Commonwealth Environmental Services Vice President Gary Vander Boegh presented commissioners with a draft resolution on the workers’ behalf a month ago. The commissioners had several questions about the wording and content, and Judge-Executive Van Newberry says the resolution would need revision before sending it to the U.S. Congress. He says he doesn’t know if the court will ultimately pass Vander Boegh’s resolution.