Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
mccracken county fiscal court
Mon November 25, 2013
McCracken County Will Consider Election Day Alcohol Sales
The McCracken County Fiscal Court will soon be deciding whether or not to keep a nearly century old law that prohibits the sale of alcohol from 6AM to 6PM on election days.
The state passed Kentucky Senate Bill 13 this Spring which permits the sale of alcohol on election days statewide, unless county governments determine otherwise.
"Our last ordinance was passed in 1952. So it hasn't been addressed in a long time," Judge Executive Van Newberry said.
Newberry says the court will consider updating current Alcohol Beverage Control laws over the next month and expects the court to address the issue in January.
In other Fiscal Court news, the county is receiving $250,000 from the State of Kentucky to repave Contest Road this Spring.