Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Tue November 2, 2010
McCracken County voter troubles
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Paducah, KY – A hotly contested Clerks race with two write-in candidates is causing some problems for voters in McCracken County. Some voters report when attempting to vote a straight party ticket and then list a write-in candidate, they receive notice from the voting machine that they've over-voted. McCracken County Election board representative Lynette Brown says she was not aware of the problem. Brown also said the state board assured the county write-in votes would be tallied like all other votes. Write-in candidates will be manually counted in the event they out-number votes for the declared candidate.