Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri March 28, 2014
McCracken County Schools Name New Superintendent
The McCracken County School Board voted unanimously to hire Lyon County Superintendent Quin Sutton to be the district's next superintendent during a special meeting Thursday.
Sutton praised the district mentioning its distinguished status and a highly successful athletics program.
“The board already has the goals set," he said. "They want to be a top 100 high school in the country and they want to be a top 2% district in the state of Kentucky. How do you get there? The main way of getting there is making sure kids know they are they’re cared for that they’re loved for everyday they walk in that building,”
He said the difficulties he faced regarding the condemnations of the Lyon County Middle School and the funding issues that came from it will help him lead McCracken's system.
“Each challenge you’re faced with helps prepare you for the next challenge, whatever district you’re in. That type of challenge only makes you grow,” Sutton said. “It put me in a position now where I can lead McCracken County.”
Sutton is a Lyon County native. He began his teaching career in his home county and started teaching agriculture before becoming an assistant principal. He moved to Caldwell County and rose to assistant superintendent. Sutton is currently Lyon County Schools' Superintendent.
He assumes his new post July 1st. McCracken County superintendent Dr. Nancy Waldrop will retire in June after four years as superintendent.