Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Fri May 9, 2014
McCracken County Schools to Move Central Office in June
The McCracken County School board plans to relocate their central office on Berger Road to the former Reidland Middle School building in an effort to save on utility costs.
Reidland Middle schools students will move to the old Reidland High School building next school year, which will leave the middle school building vacant.
The board approved the move Wednesday night at a regular meeting and will declare the property as surplus at the end of the current school year, once it’s approved by the Kentucky Department of Education.
Public Affairs Director Jayme Jones said the school board staff is currently split throughout several buildings and having the entire staff under one roof will save $175,000 on yearly maintenance costs.
The board is looking at a tentative June move-in date.