Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Fri March 7, 2014
McCracken County Schools Continue Superintendent Search
A McCracken County Schools screening committee has begun evaluating resumes and essay questions from 33 applicants to make a recommendation for the replacement for current superintendent, Nancy Waldrop, who has resigned effective June 30, 2014.
McCracken County Schools Public Relations Director Jayme Jones says the screening committee will recommend three to seven finalists to the school board March 19 with the goal of naming the new superintendent by March 31.
Of the 33 applicants, 31 are male and 2 female. Occupationally, there are 12 current superintendents, 8 central office staff members, 9 principals, and 3 applicants from educational organizations.
McCracken County School district serves nearly 7,000 students spread out over 14 schools or campuses.