Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed June 13, 2012
McCracken County Names New Consolidated High School Principal Next Week
McCracken County Schools officials will name the principal of the new consolidated high school on Monday. The district held a three month search process which included out of state postings and hundreds of stakeholder surveys.
Assistant Superintendent Heath Cartwright tells the Paducah Sun the position was created at the March 15th board of education meeting with interviews concluding June 7th. The new principal will oversee the school's five academic houses each with assistant principals and guidance counselors.
The new high school opens in the fall 2013.