Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed June 13, 2012
McCracken County Names New Consolidated High School Principal Next Week
McCracken County Schools officials will name the principal of the new consolidated high school on Monday. The district held a three month search process which included out of state postings and hundreds of stakeholder surveys.
Assistant Superintendent Heath Cartwright tells the Paducah Sun the position was created at the March 15th board of education meeting with interviews concluding June 7th. The new principal will oversee the school's five academic houses each with assistant principals and guidance counselors.
The new high school opens in the fall 2013.