Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri March 22, 2013
McCracken County High School Considers Metal Detectors
The McCracken County School Board is considering whether or not to put stand alone metal detectors in the new consolidated high school. Board members made the decision at last night’s monthly meeting. School Safety and Security Supervisor Larry Zacheretti says school officials aren’t sure if those types of metal detectors are necessary.
“And that’s that was the reason for the proposal last night to put together a committee to put together a feasibility study,” he said.
Zacheretti is putting together the study committee today. The committee will include school administration, police enforcement and parents. Zacheretti says school security officers currently use handheld metal detector wands when there’s suspicious activity requiring their use.