Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed December 24, 2008
McCracken County Fiscal Court Wants Say
By Jacque Day
Paducah, KY – The McCracken County Fiscal Court wants some say in the process of renovating the Julian Carroll Convention Center in time for the April Quilt Show. The Paducah Sun reports, an agreement prepared by the City and submitted to the Fiscal Court states that the City will serve as owner's representative and make decisions about the construction. The City rejected renovation bids Monday, scaled down the project scope and asked for new bids by January 6. While the Fiscal Court followed the Commission's lead, members say they still want a county representative, likely Inspection Director David Flowers, to represent the county's interests. (Paducah Sun)