Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Tue March 12, 2013
McCracken County Fiscal Court Sets Date for Precinct’s Wet/Dry
McCracken County’s Maxon Precinct will have a wet/dry vote this spring. Residents there recently filed a petition to change the area’s dry status, and the Fiscal Court scheduled the local option election for Tuesday, May 7th. Judge Van Newberry says he expects strong campaigning for and against alcohol sales leading up to the vote. So far, a local attorney whom Newberry says possibly represents the opposition has asked to see the petition.
“It’s not uncommon for the other side to say, ‘Well, we want to make sure the petition’s correct.’ That’s
fairly standard,” Newberry says.
During the Court’s Monday meeting, members also passed a resolution in support of local anti-bullying efforts and held a public hearing regarding funding programs for improvements at Carson Park.