Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue March 12, 2013
McCracken County Fiscal Court Sets Date for Precinct’s Wet/Dry
McCracken County’s Maxon Precinct will have a wet/dry vote this spring. Residents there recently filed a petition to change the area’s dry status, and the Fiscal Court scheduled the local option election for Tuesday, May 7th. Judge Van Newberry says he expects strong campaigning for and against alcohol sales leading up to the vote. So far, a local attorney whom Newberry says possibly represents the opposition has asked to see the petition.
“It’s not uncommon for the other side to say, ‘Well, we want to make sure the petition’s correct.’ That’s
fairly standard,” Newberry says.
During the Court’s Monday meeting, members also passed a resolution in support of local anti-bullying efforts and held a public hearing regarding funding programs for improvements at Carson Park.