Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
McCracken County Fiscal Court
Tue April 10, 2012
McCracken County Fiscal Court Meeting 4/9
The McCracken County Fiscal Court decided last night to schedule a workshop to discuss an advisory board for the county’s animal shelter. Judge-Executive Van Newberry says the current proposal outlines a governing body of five members. The Court will hold the workshop within the next few weeks. The court also voted to allocate $12,000 toward transportation for non-public school children in the St. John’s area. Newberry says for years, the state has given money to the Court for this purpose, and it has mainly helped transport children to the St. Mary’s School System.