Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu August 19, 2010
McCracken County Court Clerk race gets another write in
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Paducah, KY – Recently embattled McCracken County Court Clerk Jeff Jerrell now faces a second write in challenger. Lourdes Hospital nurse supervisor Mark Kidd registered this week to campaign against Jerrell. McCracken County Fiscal Court Members criticized Jerrell's office in June regarding work hours and paid leave policies. Kidd alleges Jerrell is working less than 40 hours a week and thus not serving the public. Becky Bowers filed on July 13 to run for the same office. The final day to register as a write-in candidate is October 22.