Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Health and Welfare
Wed February 8, 2012
McCracken County Anti-Bullying Campaigners
A McCracken County mother and daughter team encouraging students in the area to stand up to bullies is getting some mixed responses to the campaign. Susan Guess and her daughter Morgan's campaign include posting messages to social media sites urging victims to report bullying to parents and teachers. Guess says most of the community is supportive of their message, but recently, some people have made threats against them.
“What I’ve seen in the last few days has been disturbing to me, as an adult I’m having trouble kinda working through some of the things I’ve heard being said, and actually a couple of people have expressed concern about our own personal safety.”
Guess says comments on her personal facebook page suggested she should be concerned about her safety. She says she'll continue to focus on the good their message is promoting.