Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri January 29, 2010
McCracken Consolidated High School Update
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Estimated costs to build McCracken County's consolidated high school will be over $65 million. This summer will see construction begin off US-60 near the Kentucky Oaks Mall. The Paducah Sun reports the school board has bought out the last remaining property needed to build on the site. It has also opted to pay the US Army Corps of Engineers $174,000 to rebuild wetlands lost by building on land currently in the flood plain.