Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri January 29, 2010
McCracken Consolidated High School Update
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Estimated costs to build McCracken County's consolidated high school will be over $65 million. This summer will see construction begin off US-60 near the Kentucky Oaks Mall. The Paducah Sun reports the school board has bought out the last remaining property needed to build on the site. It has also opted to pay the US Army Corps of Engineers $174,000 to rebuild wetlands lost by building on land currently in the flood plain.