Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue October 20, 2009
McCracken Commissioners Consider Sunday Winery Sales
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Some McCracken Fiscal Court members are rethinking their support for potential Sunday wine sales at a winery in Lone Oak. Several commissioners had expressed support for Purple Toad Winery owner Allen Dossey's request at a previous meeting. Several neighboring residents attended the court's meeting last night, complaining about noise, increased traffic, and fears of drunk driving. Commissioner Zana Renfro expressed a new concern that the winery may be too close to a residential neighborhood. The Paducah Sun reports the court is expected to vote on the issue at a meeting on November 9.