Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue July 2, 2013
McConnell Welcomes Grimes to Campaign with Auto-Tune Video
Though the election is 16 months away, Sen. Mitch McConnell has already launched a campaign against his prospective opponent, Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes – only 24 hours after she entered the race.
McConnell’s official YouTube channel unveiled a video today that mocks his Democratic challenger, using Auto-Tune to turn Grimes’ stump speeches into a song that asks the question “What rhymes with Alison Lundergan Grimes?" The video answers with text that says “not ready for prime time," “sticks to party line," and “left wing mime.”
Grimes has yet to put together a staff, but the video was being discussed on an unofficial Grimes for Senate Facebook page that has already accumulated almost four thousand followers.