Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue July 2, 2013
McConnell Welcomes Grimes to Campaign with Auto-Tune Video
Though the election is 16 months away, Sen. Mitch McConnell has already launched a campaign against his prospective opponent, Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes – only 24 hours after she entered the race.
McConnell’s official YouTube channel unveiled a video today that mocks his Democratic challenger, using Auto-Tune to turn Grimes’ stump speeches into a song that asks the question “What rhymes with Alison Lundergan Grimes?" The video answers with text that says “not ready for prime time," “sticks to party line," and “left wing mime.”
Grimes has yet to put together a staff, but the video was being discussed on an unofficial Grimes for Senate Facebook page that has already accumulated almost four thousand followers.