Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue July 2, 2013
McConnell Welcomes Grimes to Campaign with Auto-Tune Video
Though the election is 16 months away, Sen. Mitch McConnell has already launched a campaign against his prospective opponent, Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes – only 24 hours after she entered the race.
McConnell’s official YouTube channel unveiled a video today that mocks his Democratic challenger, using Auto-Tune to turn Grimes’ stump speeches into a song that asks the question “What rhymes with Alison Lundergan Grimes?" The video answers with text that says “not ready for prime time," “sticks to party line," and “left wing mime.”
Grimes has yet to put together a staff, but the video was being discussed on an unofficial Grimes for Senate Facebook page that has already accumulated almost four thousand followers.