Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Wed June 20, 2012
McConnell Wants EPA Regulation Blocked
Senator Mitch McConnell is urging his colleagues to block a move by the Environmental Protection Agency that would limit coal fired power plant emissions in the Commonwealth.
McConnell says to forcing the EPA to rewrite emission standards for coal-fired power plants would cost jobs in the private sector. The Senate is expected to vote today on a resolution to prevent the EPA from implementing the so-called “Utility MACT” regulation which would require coal plants to update their emission controls to limit the amount of harmful chemicals released into the air.