Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Wed June 20, 2012
McConnell Wants EPA Regulation Blocked
Senator Mitch McConnell is urging his colleagues to block a move by the Environmental Protection Agency that would limit coal fired power plant emissions in the Commonwealth.
McConnell says to forcing the EPA to rewrite emission standards for coal-fired power plants would cost jobs in the private sector. The Senate is expected to vote today on a resolution to prevent the EPA from implementing the so-called “Utility MACT” regulation which would require coal plants to update their emission controls to limit the amount of harmful chemicals released into the air.