Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue July 7, 2009
McConnell Secures Funds for MSU
By Casey Northcutt
Frankfort, KY – United States Senator Mitch McConnell announced Tuesday he secured 29 million dollars for projects across the state, including one associated with Murray State University. McConnell says he garnered 300-thousand-dollars to upgrade the university's Breathitt Veterinary Center in Hopkinsville. The animal disease diagnostic laboratory serves Western Kentucky, Southern Indiana and Northwest Tennessee. McConnell says the center's improvements are important to Kentucky's agriculture industries. The senator also plans to give funds to Fort Campbell Military Base, Western Kentucky University and the University of Kentucky.