Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Mon June 24, 2013
McConnell Says Obama Must Come Closer to the Center
United States Senator Mitch McConnell says there’s likely to be more gridlock in Washington over the next three and a half years unless president Obama moderates his views. The Kentucky republican spoke Friday at the American enterprise institute in Washington and took questions from the audience.
McConnell says GOP lawmakers are not going to buy into what he calls the president’s “liberal” agenda…and mister Obama doesn’t appear willing to change course…
"You know, I haven’t seen any evidence that he’s willing to kind of leave this ideological place he’s put himself in for virtually all of his presidency and move in a different direction. "
McConnell says if the president doesn’t take a different approach, it’ll be impossible to solve the nation’s biggest problem, the federal deficit.