Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Wed December 10, 2008
McConnell says No Vote Yet on Auto Bailout
By Carrie Pond
Washington, D.C – Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell says there will be no vote today on a federal bailout of the auto industry. McConnell says Republicans have yet to see the version of the bill agreed upon by Congressional Democrats and the White House.
"On a bill this critical with so much taxpayer money at stake, we can't rush this through without adequate review. We're happy to begin the review process as soon as we get the product." McConnell says he still thinks there can be a vote by the end of the week. At stake is 15 billion dollars in federal loans to General Motors and Chrysler.