Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Thu October 14, 2010
McConnell Says Kentuckians Have "Buyer's Remorse"
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is among the Republicans working to energize Kentucky voters ahead of the general election. At a well-attended rally for Senate candidate Rand Paul in Murray today, McConnell touted the state's increase in support for the party.
"We've had a chance for the last two years to look at the change that we voted for in 2008. And I sense all across America and definitely all across Kentucky, a serious case of buyer's remorse."
McConnell says Kentucky is one of the pivotal states in the GOP bid to retake the U-S Senate. Politicians expect a tight race ahead of November 2nd between Paul and his opponent, Attorney General Jack Conway.