Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri April 12, 2013
McConnell on proposed gun control bill
U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell says a gun control proposal from New York Democrat Charles Schumer takes the wrong approach. The Kentucky Republican says Schumer wants to make it a federal crime, punishable by up to five years in prison, for a person not to report a lost or stolen gun within 24 hours. McConnell calls Schumer’s bill a “clear overreach” that will punish law-abiding friends, neighbors and families.