Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri April 12, 2013
McConnell on proposed gun control bill
U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell says a gun control proposal from New York Democrat Charles Schumer takes the wrong approach. The Kentucky Republican says Schumer wants to make it a federal crime, punishable by up to five years in prison, for a person not to report a lost or stolen gun within 24 hours. McConnell calls Schumer’s bill a “clear overreach” that will punish law-abiding friends, neighbors and families.