Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Mon January 21, 2013
McConnell Not Talking About Guns
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell ignored the hot-button issue of gun control during a speech in Lexington, instead discussing the nation's debt problem.
He told a group of business leaders Friday the nation's debt is the biggest problem facing the nation. Speaking to attendees at Commerce Lexington's Public Policy Luncheon, he said he wants to see changes to entitlement programs such as Medicare and Social Security. McConnell did not mention gun control and did not take questions from reporters. During a question-and-answer session with attendees, there were also no questions about gun control.