Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon January 21, 2013
McConnell Not Talking About Guns
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell ignored the hot-button issue of gun control during a speech in Lexington, instead discussing the nation's debt problem.
He told a group of business leaders Friday the nation's debt is the biggest problem facing the nation. Speaking to attendees at Commerce Lexington's Public Policy Luncheon, he said he wants to see changes to entitlement programs such as Medicare and Social Security. McConnell did not mention gun control and did not take questions from reporters. During a question-and-answer session with attendees, there were also no questions about gun control.