Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Mon January 21, 2013
McConnell Not Talking About Guns
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell ignored the hot-button issue of gun control during a speech in Lexington, instead discussing the nation's debt problem.
He told a group of business leaders Friday the nation's debt is the biggest problem facing the nation. Speaking to attendees at Commerce Lexington's Public Policy Luncheon, he said he wants to see changes to entitlement programs such as Medicare and Social Security. McConnell did not mention gun control and did not take questions from reporters. During a question-and-answer session with attendees, there were also no questions about gun control.