Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
Mon January 21, 2013
McConnell Not Talking About Guns
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell ignored the hot-button issue of gun control during a speech in Lexington, instead discussing the nation's debt problem.
He told a group of business leaders Friday the nation's debt is the biggest problem facing the nation. Speaking to attendees at Commerce Lexington's Public Policy Luncheon, he said he wants to see changes to entitlement programs such as Medicare and Social Security. McConnell did not mention gun control and did not take questions from reporters. During a question-and-answer session with attendees, there were also no questions about gun control.