Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon January 21, 2013
McConnell Not Talking About Guns
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell ignored the hot-button issue of gun control during a speech in Lexington, instead discussing the nation's debt problem.
He told a group of business leaders Friday the nation's debt is the biggest problem facing the nation. Speaking to attendees at Commerce Lexington's Public Policy Luncheon, he said he wants to see changes to entitlement programs such as Medicare and Social Security. McConnell did not mention gun control and did not take questions from reporters. During a question-and-answer session with attendees, there were also no questions about gun control.