Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Tue November 18, 2008
By Lisa Autry
Washington, D. C. – GOP members in Washington have unanimously selected Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell for another two-year term as party leader in congress. The Kentucky Senator says he's excited to be back on Capitol Hill and ready to work with President-elect Barack Obama.
We will be looking to the new administration for its announcements and plans, and I think our strategy will be quite simple. We would hope the new presidents chooses to govern in the center. And when he chooses to do that I think he can expect a high level of cooperation from Senate Republicans.
McConnell will be the top-ranking republican at the capitol as the new congress convenes with Democrats in control of both houses.