Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Tue July 16, 2013
McConnell, Grimes Confirm Appearances at Fancy Farm
Sen. Mitch McConnell and Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes have both confirmed they will speak at this year’s Fancy Farm Picnic in Graves County.
The event will mark the first face-to-face confrontation between the two since Grimes, a Democrat, declared her candidacy for McConnell's seat earlier this month.
Should Grimes win in the Democratic primary next May, the two will most likely face off again at next year's event.
The pair join U.S. Rep. Ed Whitfield, Attorney General Jack Conway, state Sen. Stan Humphries and state Rep. Richard Heath among confirmed speakers. This year’s event is Saturday August 3 and is the 133rd annual Fancy Farm Picnic.