Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Fri November 7, 2008
McConnell on the Economy
By Lisa Autry
Bowling Green, KY – House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is pushing for a lame duck session of congress to pass another economic stimulus package. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell says he supports another round of aid for American taxpayers, but more still needs to be done.
What we're going to look at everything when we get back together. We'll pass additional legislation. There's no question that this whole economic crisis started in the sub-prime lending area. And so home mortgages should be part of the discussion in figuring out what to do.
McConnell would like to see taxes removed from unemployment benefits. He says the 700-billion-dollar bailout of Wall Street was only the first step in reviving the nation's economy.