Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Fri November 7, 2008
McConnell on the Economy
By Lisa Autry
Bowling Green, KY – House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is pushing for a lame duck session of congress to pass another economic stimulus package. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell says he supports another round of aid for American taxpayers, but more still needs to be done.
What we're going to look at everything when we get back together. We'll pass additional legislation. There's no question that this whole economic crisis started in the sub-prime lending area. And so home mortgages should be part of the discussion in figuring out what to do.
McConnell would like to see taxes removed from unemployment benefits. He says the 700-billion-dollar bailout of Wall Street was only the first step in reviving the nation's economy.