Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Fri November 7, 2008
McConnell on the Economy
By Lisa Autry
Bowling Green, KY – House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is pushing for a lame duck session of congress to pass another economic stimulus package. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell says he supports another round of aid for American taxpayers, but more still needs to be done.
What we're going to look at everything when we get back together. We'll pass additional legislation. There's no question that this whole economic crisis started in the sub-prime lending area. And so home mortgages should be part of the discussion in figuring out what to do.
McConnell would like to see taxes removed from unemployment benefits. He says the 700-billion-dollar bailout of Wall Street was only the first step in reviving the nation's economy.